Friday, June 18, 2010

Ann & Henry Way had nine children and eight of them lived to adulthood. In this picture, they are: [top back] Jane Ellen b. 1850, Tryphena Elma b.1844, Alson Elwood b. 1853. [middle row] Lotin Edwin b. 1860, Lucinda Malinda b. 1857, Mary Matilda b. 1841. [seated] Hulda Elizabeth b. 1840, Henry Ozbun b. 1816 (father), Ann Millis b. 1817 (mother), Curtis Elna b. 1847.
Ann & Henry's daughter, Mary Matilda, was my great-grandmother.

The four youngest children made the trip with Ann & Henry. Three are mentioned by name -- Alson, age 14, Jane age 17, and Lotin ("Eddie") who would have been 7. Nothing is said about Lucinda, but she undoubtedly was with them as she was only 10.

Would it have been that hard to smile?

2 comments:

  1. Didn't they have to hold the pose a long time back then? Hence no facial expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine, I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this blog, but I am a VERY distant cousin. Hulda Elizabeth would have been my great, great, great, great grandmother. I also live in California, and can't wait to continue reading all about your travels, even though I'm a couple years late :)

    ReplyDelete